Tuesday, August 26, 2014

RESTART!

We have all heard of the Staples' "easy button", but have you also ever wished you could press the "RESTART" button?  For whatever reason:  I wish I could restart this recipe that I have messed up, twice now.  I wish I could restart my exercise routine.  I wish I could restart that quilt I started 20 years ago, and still haven't finished ;-).  That is what I am doing today with this blog (as I successfully avoid doing the dishes).

You may have previously read some of my posts at healthybymeg.com.  There were definitely some useful articles there that may eventually find their way over here...eventually.  Considering I hadn't written in healthybymeg in about 18 months, I thought I needed a "RESTART!"  I have a lot of good excuses - mainly, giving birth and keeping up with a now very active 15 month old daughter!  So, anyway, without further ado:  I welcome you to "The Humble Steward".

Over the past few years I have undertaken a journey to be chemical-free.  I started with revamping my personal care products.  Which turned into revamping my cleaning products.  And then revamping my eating habits.  And even revamping the various products I buy (does everything have to be doused in flame retardants!!??).  It has been an evolving journey.  As I learn what is better, I try to do better.  But I am of course limited in what I can do!  God has blessed us with abundance, to be sure!  And I strive to use what resources he gives us as wisely as possible.  Priorities are always changing.  And such is life - circumstances are always changing and you have to roll with the punches, or so they say.  And so, this blog will be devoted to sharing information on various topics/activities such as: real food recipes, books I am (er - want to) read, resources for fellow Moms, DIY projects, gardening tips, natural healing alternatives, and more.  I hope that you will join me as I humbly stumble along this journey.  And may God bless you in your efforts to steward His gifts.

...

Now I wouldn't want to leave you empty handed on the first post!  I thought I would share a new recipe I tried this week for pulled pork in my crock-pot!  We really enjoyed it, though personally next time I will halve the cayenne pepper...it was a tad spicy for me, and I had to rinse the pork in order to feed it to my toddler, haha!  I have never done that before!  She enjoyed it, too...nom, nom, nom.  We served it on sprouted grain rolls and with roasted green beans from our garden!  Here you go!

The Best Pulled Pork in a Crock Pot from Lisa of 100 Days of Real Food.


No comments:

Post a Comment